Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonata Arctica

4 posters

Go down

Sonata Arctica Empty Sonata Arctica

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am

Why not start a Sonata Arctica thread while I'm on a thread-starting spree? Sonata Arctica Icon_cool

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica Empty Re: Sonata Arctica

Post by Daenerys Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 am

Three words.....they are awesome!
Daenerys
Daenerys
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-04-23

http://winterstormusa.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Finnish power metal FTW! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm

I love SA too. Although I have to say that I love their old work better then their new. But on the other hand, I can't live without the orchestral version of Flag in the ground anymore..
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat May 01, 2010 3:35 am

I love their "faster songs" but For example, 'Shy' is very cute and so, but a bit to sad for me.
Vlad
Vlad

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 7:14 am

I like their fast songs, too, particularly "Black Sheep."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 8:26 am

CanuckFan wrote:I like their fast songs, too, particularly "Black Sheep."

Yeah, that is one of my favorite SA songs for sure.

About their slower stuff... "Tallulah" is alright and "Sing In Silence" is a rather deep song too, but something like "Shy" is not my cup of tea at all. I prefer their faster music more too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 7:04 pm

I adore "Sing in Silence."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 pm

use to really have them in high consideration and still love albuns like ecliptica, silence and winterheart's guild. but after that something changed... don't have the same feeling for me anymore. still the beginnings of them for me, it's a blow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 12:11 pm

SA is THE band that got me into Finnish Metal in the first place... Now, i can freely call myself a hardcore SA fan... There's nothing I don't like... xD

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Tue May 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Without a doubt a next biggest Power Metal group Finland has produced since Stratovarius. And they have managed to keep their backyard clean...maybe even too therally. There is something so "teflon" about them...they are too nice and polished Smile

I really liked their earlier stuff...a lot. They have some songs that hold such a deep meaning to me, even to the point if I hear some of those songs, it still makes make me cry. But what happened in their latest albums I don't know...I thought it had something to do with Jani being kicked out but he didn't write many songs so I don't think that was the reason either.

But I have to admit that their new album is in fact pretty good.
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:52 pm

TeroTolkki wrote:Without a doubt a next biggest Power Metal group Finland has produced since Stratovarius. And they have managed to keep their backyard clean...maybe even too therally. There is something so "teflon" about them...they are too nice and polished Smile

I really liked their earlier stuff...a lot. They have some songs that hold such a deep meaning to me, even to the point if I hear some of those songs, it still makes make me cry. But what happened in their latest albums I don't know...I thought it had something to do with Jani being kicked out but he didn't write many songs so I don't think that was the reason either.

But I have to admit that their new album is in fact pretty good.

Jani was one of the reasons i liked so much of them. don't know but it feels like he was chained in there, he couldn't release his talent freely, maybe because Tony is a workaholic and a brilliant songwriter, doesn't give much room for others in the band. also the first keyboard player of them was a really great musician. it's a bit strange that, after all these years passed, some songs of ecliptica and silence, still make me shiver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:30 am

Well... TK himself did the keyboards on Ecliptica... Mikko came in later... I love both their newer, and their older stuff... And for those who like Jani and Mikko, there's always Cain's Offering, it's a great band...For those who haven't heard them, give them a shot... The songs are great, Jani's guitar playing and Kotipelto's singing, they really sound great together... And ofc, let's not forget Jukka Koskinen, who's a great bass player Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:17 am

yes cain's offering it's a nice project! hope it becomes a great band Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 pm

DanielViking wrote:use to really have them in high consideration and still love albuns like ecliptica, silence and winterheart's guild. but after that something changed... don't have the same feeling for me anymore. still the beginnings of them for me, it's a blow.

I couldn't agree more with that. Ecliptica's music syncronization between the keys and guitars is superlative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 am

suomi_metal wrote:
DanielViking wrote:use to really have them in high consideration and still love albuns like ecliptica, silence and winterheart's guild. but after that something changed... don't have the same feeling for me anymore. still the beginnings of them for me, it's a blow.

I couldn't agree more with that. Ecliptica's music syncronization between the keys and guitars is superlative.

and far beyond one of the best power metal albuns ever Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:36 pm

SONATA ARTICA Frontman To Guest On POWERGLOVE Album - July 26, 2010

Video game metal masters POWERGLOVE will release their new album, "Saturday Morning Apocalypse", on September 28 via eOne Music.

"'Saturday Morning Apocalypse' came out brighter and darker, faster and slower than our previous releases," says drummer Bassil Silver.

This is POWERGLOVE's first record with eOne Music and the band is taking its songs in a new direction.

These new tracks are based off the nostalgia of Saturday morning cartoons and movies that anyone who's grown up in the '80s will immediately recognize.

Silver adds, "No matter what we write, we know all the comments will be about how bizarre we look, how ridiculous this track list is, and the fact that we somehow got Tony Kakko [SONATA ARTICA] to sing the Pokemon theme for us. We would tell you how clown-rapingly awesome it is, but you can decide that for yourself when the album comes out in September."

"Saturday Morning Apocalypse", POWERGLOVE's power metal renditions of '80s cartoon themes, will feature the following tracks:

01. X-Men
02. Gotta Catch Em All
03. The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
04. This Is Halloween
05. Batman
06. Transformers
07. Inspector Gadget
08. Heffalumps and Woozles (Winnie The Pooh)
09. The Simpsons (feat. Tony Kakko)
10. The Flinstones
11. Gotta Catch 'Em All (feat. Tony Kakko)

POWERGLOVE recently completed two separate, successful, tours with HAMMERFALL and SONATA ARTICA. Watch for them this summer as they continue to add dates for video game festivals and live performances.

POWERGLOVE is composed of four battle-hardened rockers out of Boston: Alex Berkson, Bassil Silver-Hajo, Chris Marchiel, and Nick Avila. This band shreds metal renditions of everything from old-school 8-bit video game classics to contemporary blockbusters, all with a heavy metal attitude.
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143744

That sounds so freaking awesome!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:09 pm

I love Sonata Arctica!!! They are my fave band ever!!! and i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one who likes their older stuff better! Very Happy anyway..they rock and Tony's voice sends me to Heaven!

Like a Star @ heaven Silence...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum