Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doro Pesch

4 posters

Go down

Doro Pesch Empty Doro Pesch

Post by Sorcha Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Lets have a talk then about the Queen of metal. Doro Pesch. Known for her work as a solo artist and with her work with Warlock. Just like Tarot and Strato made Finnish metal, she was one of the first females in heavy metal who had succes!
Recently she celebrated her 25th anniversary in metal music.

So talk here about the Queen of metal!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Doro Pesch Empty Re: Doro Pesch

Post by Daenerys Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I love here. I have to admit though I recently became a fan because of the duet between her and Tarja with "Walking with the Angels" but she has many good songs I like after actually listening to her. Smile
Daenerys
Daenerys
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-04-23

http://winterstormusa.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

That song is very nice indeed! So is The Seer. Doro and Tarja really sound great together!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:04 pm

DORO! I love you the queen of metal, nothing more nothing less. super voice, kick ass songs, great ballads also... and she gives great gigs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Mon May 03, 2010 2:52 pm

You've seen her live?
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:46 pm

yes finally in wacken last year. was so cool... she played lots of songs of warlock and of her last album. and she will have an apearence in this year also in wacken with skyline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 am

Sounds very good! I wanted to visited her 25 Anniversary concert last year, but couldn't make it.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:11 am

Sorcha wrote:Sounds very good! I wanted to visited her 25 Anniversary concert last year, but couldn't make it.

i'm sure more oportunities will come up! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Doro...the hottest Metal Queen that walks the earth...and hands down she is The Metal Queen. Her career truly is without comparison...ever since Warlock times to her solo career nowadays. Never met her but my wife met her when Doro was in Brazil and she said Doro was the cutest and nicest person ever! And a midget XD

It just proves my point that you can have a long and lasting career without becoming a cunt...or a dick for that matter...but then again...maybe that IS the reason their careers have lasted so long Smile

Doro Pesch Doro4
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm

yeah she is really a nice person that you can have a nice talk. and her last album is one of the best of her career!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:18 am

I have to contribute!

I love her too, saw her at 20th anniversary in wacken and once in her own concert in Hamburg, was awesome! Shes done so many live gigs, it's incredible... this year (i guess it was this year) she did her 2500. (!!!) live gig in her hometown.

And since she became a such an important part of the wacken open air festival, i hope she will continue to play as a guest for many many years.

And yes, i have to agree with Tero, she is one hot girl Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:47 am

2500 live gigs in one town Surprised. That's really impressive.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 am

noooo Very Happy

her overall 2500. live gig

but this 2500th one she did in her hometown Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:49 am

Ohw oke xD Sorry.

But it still is an amazing amount of gigs!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

DORO: '25 Years In Rock' DVD European Release Date Confirmed - Sep. 3, 2010
German metal queen Doro Pesch is putting the finishing touches on her biggest project to date — the 2DVD/CD set "25 Years In Rock", featuring the entire 25-year anniversary concert, including guest performances in front of about 10,000 enthusiastic fans in Düsseldorf, Germany as well as a China special, outtakes from Doro's 2500th concert and a whole lot more.

The DVD will be released in Europe via Nuclear Blast on November 26, 2010 and in the rest of the world sometime in 2011.

After a break in 2011, Doro will begin writing material for a new studio album.

Pesch celebrated her 25-year career as the reigning queen of German heavy metal by performing a three-hour set on December 13, 2008 at the ISS Dome in Düsseldorf, Germany. HOLY MOSES, LEAVES EYES' and ARCH ENEMY opened the show and were followed by full set by DORO herself, which included guest appearances by Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth (OVERKILL), Jean Beauvoir, GRAVE DIGGER's Chris Boltendahl and guitarist Axel Rudi Pell, former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen, SCORPIONS' Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker, as well as a host of other female vocalists, such as Liv Kristine (LEAVES' EYES), Floor Jansen (AFTER FOREVER), members of GIRLSCHOOL, Liv of SISTER SIN and Sabina Classen of HOLY MOSES.

"Fear No Evil", the latest album from Pesch, was made available in North America in June 2009 via AFM/Dismanic/Ryko Distribution.

Released in Europe in January 2009 via AFM Records, "Fear No Evil" entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 11. This was the highest chart entry for Doro in her home country in almost 20 years.

Source: Blabbermouth.net
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:32 pm

this is good news Very Happy

here's a video of Doro singing Mary, Queen of Scots with Grave Digger in this year's wacken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowman Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Wow, two of my favorite parts of Germany. Doro Pesch and Grave Digger. I am a huge fan of Doro Pesch, and was lucky enough to see her live. She is an awesome person both on and off the stage. Someone who really loves their fans and this is why she has lasted so long and why she is the only Metal Queen in my book.
Shadowman
Shadowman

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum