Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic

4 posters

Go down

Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic Empty Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic

Post by LadyDeceiver Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic Blackoustic-21297722-frntl

Album made by Timo Kotipelto(Stratovarius) and Jari Liimatainen (exSonata Arctica)

All the songs are acoustic versions from well-known songs from Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Deep Purple, The Who, Kotipelto...
And their own song "Where my rainbow ends"

----
With this album I really felt in love with Kotipelto's voice, and well, they cover one of my favourite songs from The Who and I love them even more ^-^

Give them a chance, I think is a great album

LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic Empty Re: Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic

Post by teleutemania Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm a hardcore Jani fan and love both Cain's Offering and Stratovarius, so I'm almost ashamed to admit that I personally didn't care for this album. It's great if you're into acoustic rock; I'm just not. Also, it was kind of bizarre to hear them de-powerize power metal songs like Hunting High and Low and Black Diamond.

I'm really hoping they stick together for another Cain's Offering album, possibly one that includes a heavier rendition of Where My Rainbow Ends, complete with some classic Jani guitar riffs. :-)
teleutemania
teleutemania

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-03-13

http://xlollypopladyx.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic Empty Re: Kotipelto & Liimatainen-Blackoustic

Post by TeroTolkki Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:51 pm

I grew tired of Kotipelto's voice over the years. I am still his friend, but unfortunately you can always predict how he sings so it's kinda sad. But hands down he is still in top-5 in power metal singers. No one takes that spot from Kiske though Smile
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDeceiver Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 am

teleutemania wrote:I'm a hardcore Jani fan and love both Cain's Offering and Stratovarius, so I'm almost ashamed to admit that I personally didn't care for this album. It's great if you're into acoustic rock; I'm just not. Also, it was kind of bizarre to hear them de-powerize power metal songs like Hunting High and Low and Black Diamond.

I'm really hoping they stick together for another Cain's Offering album, possibly one that includes a heavier rendition of Where My Rainbow Ends, complete with some classic Jani guitar riffs. :-)
Yes, powerfull songs like Hunting High and Low sounds a bit ... normal, with nothing special (I don't know witch word use in english to describe it xD)

I love acoustic music, in this album I really like the covers of The Who, the song "Coming Home", and the "Where my rainbow ends"

I hope they'll make a new Cain's Offering album, the first was great
LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Arina Unia Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 am

Exactly what Teleutemania said (minus the hardcore Jani fan-part). I've seen them live and even though, as musicians, one has to admit that they are amazing, I need more than an acoustic concert.
But then again, I have a problem with acoustic music in general, I don't even like it when my favorite bands do that.
Now that Cain's Offering was mentioned, I'd really love to hear more of that.
Arina Unia
Arina Unia

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by teleutemania Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 am

Finland seems to have a fair share of metal artists gravitating towards acoustic rock. Besides Jani (who's been at it for a while) and Timo, there's Jarkko Ahola, JP Leppaluoto -- Marco Hietala doesn't count, because he could play the freakin' kazoo and it would still come out sounding metal -- Sonata Arctica, Amorphis... who am I missing?

And I like Jani not simply because his time with Sonata Arctica was their golden era (though admittedly, they began slipping with Unia), but because he has a very disjunctive style that I enjoy. An old roommate of mine was really into the Finnish metal scene, and he got me started with Sonata Arctica. A short time later, I came across the Altaria album Divinity and was completely blown away -- by the songs in general but by the guitars in particular. I had my roommate listen and told him I thought it sounded like the guy from Sonata Arctica. His reply was, "Nah, I don't think it's him." ;-) Another thing I like about Jani is seeing him rock out in all the old SA videos and show footage. You'll often see him lip-syncing even when no back-up vocals are called for. Now that's enthusiasm! Sadly, my first chance to see SA live came just a few months after Jani left the band. Great show, nonetheless.
teleutemania
teleutemania

Back to top Go down

Post by teleutemania Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:50 am

I grew tired of Kotipelto's voice over the years. I am still his friend, but unfortunately you can always predict how he sings so it's kinda sad.

It took a little time for me to get into Cain's Offering for this very reason. I just thought his voice sounded kind of bland. Nevertheless, it grew on me.
teleutemania
teleutemania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down