Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite metal band in the world?

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? Empty Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 am

Well, Nightwish is my favorite band in the world, but if i had to pick a non-finnish band, it would have to be...

Ok, i don't have just ONE

Epica
Xandria
Delain
Animal Alpha

and a whole lot more =D

Back to top Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:50 am

Ensiferum
Nightwish (with Tarja o.c.)
Immortal
Eluveitie
Arch Enemy
Equilibrium
Dimmu Borgir

Back to top Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:54 am

why the (o.c) next to Tarja?
is that really necessary?

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 pm

max5892 wrote:why the (o.c) next to Tarja?

Ok let it go Smile

I would say at the moment my favourite band is Synestesia and Profane Omen.
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:30 am

outside of Finland.... it HAS to be AMON AMARTH. I can't even think of other bands when this one comes to my mind Laughing Raw power, it's a total blast, it's melodic also and i love the growls, the themes, the lyrics, everything!

I see that Max mentioned DELAIN... that's a great one too! I adore their songs with Marco Hietala!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 am

Outside of Finland:
Hammerfall
Firewind
Rhapsody (Of Fire) (+Luca Turillis several solo projects)
Symphony X

E: Of all times of everyplace:

Stratovarius
Excalion
Symphony X
Firewind

It changes quite often.

Last edited by Tyrsky on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:03 am

Man I cannot believe I forgot to mention Nevermore Embarassed That band is simply one of the greatest out there. And their vocalist Warrel Dane released one of the best soloalbums I have ever heard. Although the song doesn't represent the soloalbum much, there is a video from the song Brother which Mr. Dane wrote about his failed relation to his only brother.

TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:52 am

max5892 wrote:why the (o.c) next to Tarja?

actually it is. for me, personally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:46 am

Storm wrote:I see that Max mentioned DELAIN... that's a great one too! I adore their songs with Marco Hietala!

I'm quickly becoming obsessed with Delain. They are so good =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Storm wrote:outside of Finland.... it HAS to be AMON AMARTH. I can't even think of other bands when this one comes to my mind Laughing Raw power, it's a total blast, it's melodic also and i love the growls, the themes, the lyrics, everything!

I see that Max mentioned DELAIN... that's a great one too! I adore their songs with Marco Hietala!

+1!

actually i have no fave bands... and if i do, that list changes all the time :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 am

Heh, that's quite a good thing.
We are lucky because nowadays the metal scene is so varied and there are so many worthy bands! we don't really need to have only one favorite band Razz Besides, it would be unfair to the other great ones.

Other stuff I love: Sabaton, Pyramaze (amazing power-prog!), Leave's Eyes, Eyefear (power-prog again, it's been obsessing for for over 1 yr)...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:40 am

My number one from outside of Finland is definitely Iron Maiden. Just can't beat the Classics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Iron Maiden

can't get enough of them Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 am

I love so many, but here is a smattering:

Dawn of Destiny
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Leaves' Eyes
Midnattsol
Avantasia
Angtoria

And, being Canadian, I have recently discovered a terrific Canadian power metal band called Borealis (http://www.borealisband.com/index.php) - I really love their stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 am

Arch Enemy
Iron Maiden
Amon Amarth
Kamelot
Subway To Sally

And I love Eluveitie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah... Eluveitie... What a nice band. The new album is a pit different, but it's ok :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am

I prefer Spirit and Slania but Evovation has some great songs too. Smile
I'd like to see them live. But I always miss them. Two years ago they played in my hometown and I haven't noticed it. Aaargh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:49 am

haha... well actually they're kinda nice live... saw them some months ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:12 am

They were also at Tuska this year (see our blogs Wink ) and this gig sounded ok... but i also saw them right in my hometown, where they performed 'Trollhammaren' together with Finntroll. That was crazy! I liek their stuff very much, especially 'Calling the Rain', but they never seem to sing it on stage.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:53 am

For me it's Eluveitie and Primordial. Gosh, I've got to start listening to oher bands xD The thing is, I don't really like anything that's not Folk metal, and I can't stand growling vocals. If there's going to be growling, the melody of the songs should be fantastic to compensate for the "singing" :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:00 am

well i like all metal bands with female singers...then comes kamelot,slipknot,pain,avantasia,edguy...well i think that there are just too many to make a list again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Outside of Finland:

Amon Amarth
Satyricon
Bathory
Dimmu Borgir
WASP
Blackguard
Iron Maiden

I listen to alot of other metal bands, but those are the main non-Finnish ones that I enjoy listening to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:58 pm

my current non-finnish metal bands list:

Amon Amarth
Equilibrium
Eluveitie
Ayreon(and almost every project by arjen)
Sodom
Bolt Thrower
Arch Enemy
Metallica
Gamma Ray
And Many More!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 am

scratch Edguy, Avantasia and Helloween...

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:28 am

Daniela wrote:scratch Edguy, Avantasia and Helloween...

Love the banner Daniela! Perkele!
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:26 am

At this moment my favorite bands outside Finland are:
Within Temptation
Delain
Hammerfall
Rammstein
Luca Turilla's Dreamquest
Heidevolk
Epica

And a lot of other bands...
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:12 am

Outside of Finland for me would be:

In Flames
Iron Maiden
After Forever
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Symphony X
Pantera
Týr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:53 am

I like Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth too. Trash Metal is great. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 am

Arwen wrote:I like Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth too. Trash Metal is great. Smile
You mean Thrash?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 am

haha yes it's probably "thrash" (trash lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next