Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite metal band in the world?

3 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 4 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't go back to my teens for anything!

Back to top Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 4 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't go back to my teens for anything!

I agree! Everyone says it was the "best time" for everyone. But that's just a crock of shit.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm

It's a TOTAL crock of shit! Whoever says that is delusional!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm

James: I'm surprised, I've totally imagined you as older than I am! But then, I tend to forget that actually I'm not so young anymore. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Almagest wrote:James: I'm surprised, I've totally imagined you as older than I am! But then, I tend to forget that actually I'm not so young anymore. Razz

I'm surprised, too. James, you seem to articulate yourself better than a lot of 25 year old guys I know.

Wait till you turn 35, Almagest! Very Happy

According to the DC, I'm practically middle aged! No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
Almagest wrote:James: I'm surprised, I've totally imagined you as older than I am! But then, I tend to forget that actually I'm not so young anymore. Razz

I'm surprised, too. James, you seem to articulate yourself better than a lot of 25 year old guys I know.

Wait till you turn 35, Almagest! Very Happy

According to the DC, I'm practically middle aged! No

Really? Awe, thank you.. Embarassed I am a different kind of guy I'll admit. Naw, you still have a young edge to ya. You listen to METAL right? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Because I know a lot about old metal perhaps? Question Heh, most guys my age like rap.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:52 pm

@ James

Naw, you still have a young edge to ya. You listen to METAL right?

Thanks. Yes, I do listen to METAL! Smile Amongst other things. Because I don't want to be too narrow-minded. Razz

But still...it must be a cultural thing, this being 38 and "middle-aged." Or just a DC thing. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 pm

CanuckFan wrote:@ James

Naw, you still have a young edge to ya. You listen to METAL right?

Thanks. Yes, I do listen to METAL! Smile Amongst other things. Because I don't want to be too narrow-minded. Razz

But still...it must be a cultural thing, this being 38 and "middle-aged." Or just a DC thing. Rolling Eyes

It must be because middle age to us U.S.A. folk is usually 45 or so. At least for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:03 pm

45 at least!!

I have AT LEAST 10 good years left!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm

CanuckFan wrote:45 at least!!

I have AT LEAST 10 good years left!!!!

Indeed! Cool Remember, you are only as old as you say you are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Remember, you are only as old as you say you are!

Exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Dumb question: What is DC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:23 pm

@ Almagest: you know, the Demolition Crew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Ahh, thanks. I've been around this forum so much today that I forgot to check MFF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 pm

@ Almagest

Ahh, thanks. I've been around this forum so much today that I forgot to check MFF.

Me, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Almagest wrote:Ahh, thanks. I've been around this forum so much today that I forgot to check MFF.

Ha, same here. Looks like NW didn't kick out Anette as so many thought.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Not that I really expected that. Would have been seriously dumb ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Almagest wrote:Not that I really expected that. Would have been seriously dumb ...

lol! Hell yea.. Tuomas would have to move to an island somewhere and hide! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Haha well CanuckFan & James, here's another July baby on board in this thread as well, which is me haha 10th July same as Dio himself XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Ravisk wrote:Haha well CanuckFan & James, here's another July baby on board in this thread as well, which is me haha 10th July same as Dio himself XD

Well, look at that! jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 am

efin7184 wrote:
Almagest wrote:Not that I really expected that. Would have been seriously dumb ...

Doesn't he already own some island in some lake near Kitee? So he'd become The Islander ... a hermit ... and happier than ever! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:56 am

Almagest wrote:
efin7184 wrote:

Doesn't he already own some island in some lake near Kitee? So he'd become The Islander ... a hermit ... and happier than ever! Very Happy

Oh, really! Laughing See that makes perfect sense to me now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Does anyone here listen to Visions of Atlantis? What happened with that singer they hired - Johanna N-something? I see she isn't with the band and they've got someone else. The only info I've seen online is on their Last.fm page, but nothing official has been said on their site or forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:57 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Does anyone here listen to Visions of Atlantis? What happened with that singer they hired - Johanna N-something? I see she isn't with the band and they've got someone else. The only info I've seen online is on their Last.fm page, but nothing official has been said on their site or forum.

Never heard of them before. Metal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Of course! Symphonic, too!

Talk about personnel changes! They're on singer #3 for the women, and #2 for the men!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:03 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Of course! Symphonic, too!

Talk about personnel changes! They're on singer #3 for the women, and #2 for the men!

Well I am into symphonic stuff so I'll have to check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 pm

They're first album is their worst, but they improve. They're good band, but nowhere near as good as some others out there...They have an awesome ballad I adore called "Return to You."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Sirenia has also gone through at least 3 singers, from what I recall.

NW's personnel issues seem quite minor, when you look at just the numbers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:29 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Sirenia has also gone through at least 3 singers, from what I recall.

NW's personnel issues seem quite minor, when you look at just the numbers! Very Happy

Yeah true. NW went through 2 singers and 2 bass players. Everyone else is original.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next