Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of Bodom

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Children of Bodom Empty Children of Bodom

Post by Sorcha Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:33 pm

A different kind of band: Children of Bodom! Although their Fuck mentallity can get a bit annoying by times, they still rock and play some real awesome music!

So what do you think about CoB? Do you like them? Do you even belong to the Hate Crew or do you belong in some way to the Hate Crew 'cauze you hate them?

Tell it to me and the others reading it!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom Empty Re: Children of Bodom

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I have never even heard their music...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet? . In case you want to try it Very Happy This was the first song I heard from them. I loved it.\
Oops!.. I did it again And their epic cover of Britney Spears Oops I did it again xD.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm

I am trying to listen to the link but the buffering on YT is suckage right now, so it's not playing. I'll try again later!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat May 01, 2010 3:30 am

'Angels Don't Kill' and 'Touch Like Angel of Death' are two of my personal favorite COB songs. ^^

But something I don't like is that Alexi uses nail polish..
Vlad
Vlad

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 6:17 pm

My used to be fave metal band though atm now they are relegated to the lower tiers in my playlist, I like their early days sound, current sound is a bit too trying too hard to sound Thrash metal.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Mon May 03, 2010 12:11 am

I am also a big fan of earlier CoB. I do like the band a lot these days also although Blooddrunk was a bit of a disappointment. Must shamefully admit that I've never seen them live. They actually don't tour much here in Finland and when they do, they usually do big festivals on summertime and I kinda hate festivals cause they are so overcrowded. A festival must have an awesome roster to find me there Smile

Couple of CoB videos below in case you want to check them out.

TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

TeroTolkki wrote:I am also a big fan of earlier CoB. I do like the band a lot these days also although Blooddrunk was a bit of a disappointment. Must shamefully admit that I've never seen them live. They actually don't tour much here in Finland and when they do, they usually do big festivals on summertime and I kinda hate festivals cause they are so overcrowded. A festival must have an awesome roster to find me there Smile

Couple of CoB videos below in case you want to check them out.

Tero I blame it on CoB being too Americanised, case in point, Alexi's current GF is practically Slayer's Manager, bah!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 pm

for me these guys are one of the best bands ever... tecnicly they're stunning and play some great gigs. have seen them 3 times and still looking foward for more. altough i expect a bit more of their last album. my favorites are hate crew deathroll, hatebreeder and are you dead yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:22 am

I really love them, especially their earlier stuff. They're one of my favorite bands ever!

My favorite album is Follow The Reaper, they're no words to describe how AMAZING the solos on this album are!!! I love all their albums (exept Blooddrunk, it's OK but they're capable of doing so mutch better...) as well as the demos they made under the name of IneartheD.

I've never been to a Bodom show yet Sad but I dearly hope I'll be able to see them soon!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 am

Children of bodoms music downfall has nothing to do with being "americanised" what ever the shit that means. They have 6 fucking albums out now and currently writing a new one. It happens all the time in music unfortunately. Bands can't write the same music because they don't have the fire they had when they were starting. There are very few exceptions to this case but after bands release their third maybe fourth album you just have to be less hopefull for it to be amazing.

Metal is still an underground brotherhood here is america. You don't hear bodom on the radio and their fanbase is few and far between. Same goes for any badass metal band, not that avenged sevenfold pop rock bullshit. That's for the fucking birds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 am

Metal is still an underground brotherhood here is america. You don't hear bodom on the radio and their fanbase is few and far between. Same goes for any badass metal band, not that avenged sevenfold pop rock bullshit. That's for the fucking birds

I'm not a COB fan at all, but I agree with this sentiment 1000%! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Definitely part of the Hate Crew, on the positive side! CoB are a great band... They were the ones that got me into the harsh vocal style...And for that, they have my thanks... xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 pm

You mean NW isn't the only band with a Hate Crew?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

CanuckFan wrote:You mean NW isn't the only band with a Hate Crew?

Hate Crew is the name of the CoB Fanclub.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Sorcha wrote:
CanuckFan wrote:You mean NW isn't the only band with a Hate Crew?

Hate Crew is the name of the CoB Fanclub.

hell f Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven king yeah!

We're hate crew, we stand and we won't fall...
We're all for none and none for all.
F Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven k you! We'll fight 'til the last hit
And we sure as hell ain't taking no sh Like a Star @ heaven t!

pirat i just like the song so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 pm

OH!!! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

CanuckFan wrote:OH!!! Embarassed

Lol :p I also thought that the first time I heard about the hate crew clown
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 4:37 pm

suomi_metal wrote:Children of bodoms music downfall has nothing to do with being "americanised" what ever the shit that means.
Sorry about that, but if you have facebook though, you'll get the idea why they are "Americanised" just seeing those pics of theirs makes me fuckin sick, hanging out with the Slayer guys and Alexi's GF practically Slayer's Manager, it reeks. But fuck it I LOVE IT back during their early days whne they were still good, live sound wise. Now their sound is super mudded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Hell yes to the early days. Not sure how to describe how fucking awesome they were because I agree with how they sound now. I don't have facebook or any of that bullshit so I don't know what's on there. May be part of being on a record label.

I'm not much of a patriot in terms of how music and other art aspects can be mutated and manipulated in its diareah consistancy for financial gain here in america but the truth is there's more to why bands become shitty other than blaming america. MTV. Myface. **%$#s&**. Its enough it piss off enyone. Myspace music is a catch22 for bands I believe. Yes it helps give more bands a chance to self promote but at the same time, ANYONE can make a band and put it up. It takes away from them busting their ass playing live shows and really trying to show the world their music...

Sorry for the rant. Not trying to start shit being new, just a personal outlook
Everyone have a drink on me. PERKELE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

suomi_metal wrote:Hell yes to the early days. Not sure how to describe how fucking awesome they were because I agree with how they sound now. I don't have facebook or any of that bullshit so I don't know what's on there. May be part of being on a record label.

I'm not much of a patriot in terms of how music and other art aspects can be mutated and manipulated in its diareah consistancy for financial gain here in america but the truth is there's more to why bands become shitty other than blaming america. MTV. Myface. **%$#s&**. Its enough it piss off enyone. Myspace music is a catch22 for bands I believe. Yes it helps give more bands a chance to self promote but at the same time, ANYONE can make a band and put it up. It takes away from them busting their ass playing live shows and really trying to show the world their music...

I completely agree!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:05 pm

suomi_metal wrote:Hell yes to the early days. Not sure how to describe how fucking awesome they were because I agree with how they sound now. I don't have facebook or any of that bullshit so I don't know what's on there. May be part of being on a record label.

Heck well I'm freind with Johan Liiva (Ex Arch Enemy/Hearse) and yeap he's living a quiet and modest life, I remember the chat I had with him haha, awesome stuff especially back in the early days esp Norther and Bodom. And when I told him how the current metal scen thate is, he says it's becoming a bit like Hollywood, Slayer and Bodom, Alexi practically dating Slayer's Manager the sort, good eg Revolver Metal Gods Awards, ugh Sad

But If I were in a band, I'll still retain the sound that makes the band awesome, sure later fans will complain it says the same but fuck it, as long you have the fire, hunger and desire, you'll gonna make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I wish that Bodom would have hung it up and called it quits. I could only imagine how legendary they could have become. Its may bevery true about the hollywood bs reguardless on how great of a guitarist he is but we will never know for sure. Ill still crank the fuck out of hatebreeder and tell people how they used to sound. As much as I dig Children of Bodom and hope they will never become an american idol sponsor (lol) there's always more metal out there that isn't the headlines of magazines and metal god award trophys. In a nutshell, its all the bands discretion for how they want to play "rockstar" but in the end its all about what blasts out of the speakers and takes your soul...

To segway the converation is anyone here familiar with Kalmah???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 pm

I am familiar with Kalmah, but they are not my cup of tea.

James likes them, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 pm

CanuckFan wrote:I am familiar with Kalmah, but they are not my cup of tea.

Yes! \m/ 12 Guage was pretty damn good! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm

suomi_metal wrote:I wish that Bodom would have hung it up and called it quits. I could only imagine how legendary they could have become. Its may bevery true about the hollywood bs reguardless on how great of a guitarist he is but we will never know for sure. Ill still crank the fuck out of hatebreeder and tell people how they used to sound. As much as I dig Children of Bodom and hope they will never become an american idol sponsor (lol) there's always more metal out there that isn't the headlines of magazines and metal god award trophys. In a nutshell, its all the bands discretion for how they want to play "rockstar" but in the end its all about what blasts out of the speakers and takes your soul...

To segway the converation is anyone here familiar with Kalmah???
Well bro best Live album from Bodom, hands down it's fuckin TOKYO WARHEARTS!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Killer setlist from that album.

I dig 12 guage as well. Rust Never Sleeps fucked my ears when I heard it. What an epic intro to an album.

Do you like Sonata Arctica Canuckfan? I'm sure I can scan the forum for this info but I haven't so... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 12:01 am

CanuckFan wrote:I am familiar with Kalmah, but they are not my cup of tea.

great band Wink their last 2 albuns are really good!

but back on topic... after this last album of COB (a bit disappointing for me) i hope they could put out a great one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:43 am

suomi_metal wrote:Killer setlist from that album.
Yeah that or the 2001 gig in Seoul, South Korea damn their live sound was like straight from the Studio, no overdubs and shit unlike Stockholm Knock Out Live, terrible and mudded live sound on that Live Album/DVD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 7:00 am

suomi_metal wrote:Killer setlist from that album.

I dig 12 guage as well. Rust Never Sleeps fucked my ears when I heard it. What an epic intro to an album.

Do you like Sonata Arctica Canuckfan? I'm sure I can scan the forum for this info but I haven't so... Smile

Yes, I love Sonata Arctica! I even started a thread for them here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum