Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ensiferum Tour 09

Go down

Ensiferum Tour 09 Empty Ensiferum Tour 09

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 am

Well, I'm English, and they hit the UK in October. Great, EXCEPT....

The gig closest to where I live (couldn't really get to any others without great difficulty), is coincidentally the last UK date of the tour, on October 9th, in JB's Dudley. It's an 18+ gig. And I will be 18.... on the 12th.... RAAAAGHH!!! PERKELE!!

They're in Paris on the 12th, and there's no way I could afford to get there at all; I've already been there for four days this year, along with a week in Turkey, a day in Norway, a week in Spain and five days in Iceland coming up.....

Anyone going to see them at any point? It's been nearly a year since I saw them at Wacken, and that's too long!

Back to top Go down

Ensiferum Tour 09 Empty Re: Ensiferum Tour 09

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 am

I must admit I only just got to know them when I saw them at Wacken last year and now I'm hooked. I'll go see them to Munich in October, as this is one of the venues closest to my country (Slovenia). Autumn will be fun when it comes to shows! I have quite a few concerts planned already, ranging from Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Germany and Finland Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 am

They are in Switzerland sometime in September/October. I'll be there for sure!
And I've alreay seen them in spring earlier this year, which was the second time..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 am

I am planning to see them at October. Or at least if I can find someone who wants to go with me and who can go with me.

@ Athakan: It's so mean that you'll turn 18 just 3 days later! I really feel sorry for you.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 am

Love-Lies-Bleeding wrote:I must admit I only just got to know them when I saw them at Wacken last year and now I'm hooked. I'll go see them to Munich in October, as this is one of the venues closest to my country (Slovenia). Autumn will be fun when it comes to shows! I have quite a few concerts planned already, ranging from Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Germany and Finland Very Happy
Jesus woman, where do you get your money? You could take me with you, you know. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks for your sympathy, Sorcha =]

I guess it's ok though since I have been costing a lot of money what with all those trips I've been on, and they won't quit touring any time soon... hopefully! I'll have to catch them some other time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 am

Love-Lies-Bleeding wrote: I have quite a few concerts planned already, ranging from Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Germany and Finland Very Happy

Oh, that sounds wonderful!! So which bands will you see?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:38 am

Joana wrote:
Jesus woman, where do you get your money? You could take me with you, you know. Razz
Laughing I get my money from working my arse off actually Shocked I guess translators aren't striken by the economy fuckupcrisis that much yet. And sure, I can take you with me, just come over and we can go together. But hey, those are my neighbouring countries, apart from Finland (duh!), so it's not like I'm really going far most of the time.

@Storm: I'm seeing Ensiferum, Amorphis, Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater and Nightwish. That's as far as the plans are for the moment Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm

I just seen them again on the Summer Slaughter tour.
I was talking with Petri after the show and he mentioned something about another North American tour after the release of the new album in the fall. So hopefully I'll be seeing them again sometime in the next year.

Love-Lies-Bleeding: I wish I could afford to travel to concerts in the next while. Lucky you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:02 pm

^ So I guess what Petri and the guys from Blackguard told me is now confirmed. I just hope they have a date planned for my city. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 pm

reignofterror wrote:I just seen them again on the Summer Slaughter tour.
Love-Lies-Bleeding: I wish I could afford to travel to concerts in the next while. Lucky you. Smile
Uh, it took a while for me to get to the point where I can do this too, you know. Trust me, it wasn't always easy for me. I had to finish my studies and work hard to get a decent job before I could start attending concerts and festivals. I didn't really travel much before 2008. But one thing is certain - if you really wish something, just work your way to it and you probably will make it happen some day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 pm

^ I realize that it takes hard work and a decent job to be able to afford to travel. I just meant that travellling around Europe to see festivals is a little bit easier than trying to do it from North America. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 am

^^ Yes, I guess it is easier than coming over to Europe from North America. I couldn't make that out from your location info here Smile
Quite a few people do it anyway though, and at least come over to see something like two festivals at a time, as you usually get festivals pretty much every weekend. Apart from the plane tickets, it's pretty much the same as for us I'd figure. The only difference being that they tend to buy their camping equipment here instead of bringing it from the States or sth. I know some people did it for Slovenian Metalcamp festival for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:29 am

i just got a lift sorted at the weekend, the CLostest gig to me is the Glasgow show, and i live about 4 hours drive, and i'm on dayshift too at work, so i'll be shattered and probably hungover to fuck the next day too, but i can't wait!!

anyone else for the Glasgow show?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Love-Lies-Bleeding wrote:^^ Yes, I guess it is easier than coming over to Europe from North America. I couldn't make that out from your location info here Smile
Quite a few people do it anyway though, and at least come over to see something like two festivals at a time, as you usually get festivals pretty much every weekend. Apart from the plane tickets, it's pretty much the same as for us I'd figure. The only difference being that they tend to buy their camping equipment here instead of bringing it from the States or sth. I know some people did it for Slovenian Metalcamp festival for example.

Yeah, I've travelled to Finland to see festivals before. My friend and I brought our camping stuff on the plane though. I'm surprised we stayed under our weight limit for baggage. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am

I don't think I'll be going .. I don't really like the new album + I hate Swashbuckle :}

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:53 am

I may get to see them in November. I hope I can get the tickets soon. I will be an awesome show. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down