Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TAROT hero's.

2 posters

Go down

The TAROT hero's. Empty The TAROT hero's.

Post by Sorcha Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Everybody needs to agree that, if you want to have a site about Finnish Metal Bands, you must have the band who started it all:

The Finnish metal pioneers and hero's of Tarot!

One of the most underrated bands the world has ever heard.

Anyway, talk away!
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

The TAROT hero's. Empty Re: The TAROT hero's.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Sorcha wrote:Everybody needs to agree that, if you want to have a site about Finnish Metal Bands, you must have the band who started it all:

The Finnish metal pioneers and hero's of Tarot!

One of the most underrated bands the world has ever heard.

Anyway, talk away!

YES! Tarot rules! \m/ I have an article about them right here: http://heavy-metal-ftw.blogspot.com/2010/03/underrated-metal-bands-1-tarot.html

They are so severely underrated! It is really sad... They deserve more fame and yes I agree that they did get the ball rolling with Finnish metal.. and Stratovarius too in the early 90s.

Marco is GOD. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Marco is GOD! The TAROT hero's. Icon_cheers

But it's taking a while for Tarot to grow on me. I liked Crows Fly Black the best, and their new CD is pretty good, too. Their older stuff...well, not my cup of tea, exactly. But I do love Marco in just about everything he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Tarot is awesome, definitely one of my favorite bands ever. I only got to see them once and ever since i am praying i'd get to see them again. They are one of the few that still play what i call classic heavy metal. Awesome stuff, great guitar sound, vocals that can humiliate even some of the legendary bands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Achelois, where did you see Tarot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 pm

a few years ago in Sibiu in Romania @ Artmania Festival, pretty damn good festival in the part of the world Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Achelois wrote:a few years ago in Sibiu in Romania @ Artmania Festival, pretty damn good festival in the part of the world Smile

Nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Anybody already noticed that Tarot is finally making a European tour? And are also coming to Buenos Aires and such? Very Happy

It's already announced a while ago, but I finally have my tickets Very Happy
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 am

I am a big Tarot fan, insanely enthusiastic about their music..it' is the beat that feels right. Every song I like. They can take someone else's songs and make it better! (Mama, Locomotive Breath...)

Marco is a genius, Zac has a great sense of humor, Pecu kicks ass on drums, Janne's keys are wonderful and Tommi is just brilliant with his vocals with Marco. They're a true team in music.

The band inspired me to go back into music. I own a 2002 Warwick Corvette bass - seeing the image of Marco on bass in the video Ashes to the Stars made me want to learn. The growl of the Warwick is amazing!!

Seeing Tarot here in America was a dream come true. I was at Zac's side of the stage, happy as can be. To see my friend perform further inspired, so I now have a Jackson Dinky, about 10 years old it is. (it has the crow, in my avatar) Guitar is much more challenging than bass, but I love both. I have been advised to learn scales...the master speaks, I listen! haha!

I have all but one album, a friend is going to find me To Live Again. I do need a cd copy of Crows Fly Black though. This was the first album I got from iTunes. After one time, I feel in love with the sound. Amazing stuff!!

Now there is the rerecorded Spell of Iron!! It is fantastic!! If you like these guys, you must have this album! Compare to the original, you hear their evolution. The new is heavy and sounds amazing. Some new updated lyrics and arrangements, nothing is exactly the original.

I think I will listen for the rest of my life. These guys are great, funny, incredibly talented, a perfect example of teamwork.....Long Live Tarot!!

I can go on but it may bore the reader. haha!!

Last edited by buslady on Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 am

Great story! It's not boring to read at all Very Happy
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:41 am

The tour preparation has started. Saku put up a few pix of the equipment being palleted for shipping. Week and a half I think and they're off to Germany.
Although they get to travel the world like this, it has to be really hard work. Every day a gig, with one day off every few days...and on the road in a bus (which im all too familiar with)...

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDeceiver Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I love this guys!
They were one of the bands that introduce myself into the heavy metal world.

I hope one day they tour to my country(Spain) or a nearby place. It was a pity I couldn't have enough money to go and see them in France.
But, one day I must see them.

Another pity is that in my city is a bit difficult to find here Tarot cds.... but one day I hope to have all of them, they worth it!

Anyway... they are incredible, from the last album I really like "Satan is Dead", and I particularly love their second album, where I think they have fantastic stuff *-*

This guys are the best!
LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:00 am

I am totally addicted to the song "The End of Everything." God, it's just brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDeceiver Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 am

CanuckFan wrote:I am totally addicted to the song "The End of Everything." God, it's just brilliant.
I agree with you!
Its a good song Very Happy
LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Back to top Go down

The TAROT hero's. Empty Spell of Iron MMXI

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:30 pm

NEW album, did anyone get it???

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

wings of darkness MMXI!!!
https://youtu.be/xD1q21dr8tw

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDeceiver Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 pm

I want it, but, i haven't enough money to order it, I will order it this summer

the video looks soooo great!
LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 7:10 am

The album is so great, I hope you get it soon.

I am kind of glad in one way Tarot isn't HUGE in fame, like as much as the really big bands like the Stones or The WHO...because then I don't think I would have been able to befriend a member of the band who is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met!

You know when bands get huge like that, they usually have some separation between them and fans. Tarot doesn't have that and I like that and their attitude of being just a bunch of guys having a great time.

And besides, I don't think Tarot is in it for the fame or fortunes, Tarot is there for the good times, good music and fun.

The Spring tour is ended...soon the summer gigs for the boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum