Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of Bodom

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Children of Bodom - Page 2 Empty Re: Children of Bodom

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:25 pm

guys, i like COB. Earlier stuff, later stuff Smile it's pretty new for me considering i've only started to pay attention to their music about 5 years ago. I hated their guts but then gave it another listen and i am hooked. I loved Blooddrunk and the only problem i had with it was that it was too damn short. I don't care how 'americanized' they might be- their tunes make me feel good Smile
*a note here, maybe you don't know what americanized really means?! i've heard a lot of shit since i moved in this part of the world and i swear i never thought it's this bad, COB is like a breath of fresh air compared to the tons of thrashy hardcore around here. Treasure those european beauties, you can't go wrong with that Smile and let them make shitty albums from time to time, that's how life is, with ups and downs, for everyone Smile what's important is that they still make great shows (saw 3 so far) and still deliver that energy with every album.

another note, isnt Slayer's manager a dude? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

*a note here, maybe you don't know what americanized really means?! i've heard a lot of shit since i moved in this part of the world and i swear i never thought it's this bad, COB is like a breath of fresh air compared to the tons of thrashy hardcore around here. Treasure those european beauties, you can't go wrong with that Smile and let them make shitty albums from time to time, that's how life is, with ups and downs, for everyone Smile what's important is that they still make great shows (saw 3 so far) and still deliver that energy with every album.

I totally agree with you here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Achelois wrote:guys, i like COB. Earlier stuff, later stuff Smile it's pretty new for me considering i've only started to pay attention to their music about 5 years ago. I hated their guts but then gave it another listen and i am hooked. I loved Blooddrunk and the only problem i had with it was that it was too damn short. I don't care how 'americanized' they might be- their tunes make me feel good Smile

Nevar!! I'd rather em do the same shit and retain their ferocity. Anything less is like bleargh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Achelois wrote:

Nah, it's lady and apparently Alexi's GF bleargh! _l_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Ravisk wrote:Nevar!! I'd rather em do the same shit and retain their ferocity. Anything less is like bleargh.

uhmmm, i think they still have that and have kept it throughout the albums. And they do have a very personal sound, i can recognize any Bodom song from the first note just because of that typical sound. So i wouldn't say they have turned into something completely different. I expect more changes when they're in their 50s maybe Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:33 pm

As most of you already know, CoB is getting out a new album for a February 2011 release. So.,. what do you think of it? Do you have any expectations for it?
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 am

Sorcha wrote:As most of you already know, CoB is getting out a new album for a February 2011 release. So.,. what do you think of it? Do you have any expectations for it?

i have some yes... the last album was a bit disapointing for me... only had some songs here and there... but anyway i won't expecting that they do another "hatebreeder", "follow the reaper" or "hate crew deathroll" album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree on it when you say that the previous album wasn't as awesome as the others. There are just few memorable songs.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello to all! May I join? Smile

What about CoB, I like them very much. All of their songs, old and new, have an unique personality, I think. Anyway their "Are You Dead Yet?" album is the best for me. Sure I'm looking forward their next album. Ah, yes... I do not agree that their music is "americanised" as some of you think)) I listened to many different bands from many countries including America and haven't heard something like CoB did. So that's one of my favourite finnish band and I hope they won't disappoint me in the future Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Off course you may join Smile Everyone's welcome.

Are you dead yet is one of my favorite album too. But, like I said before, Blooddrunk isn't so much. Not because it's to Americanized, but just because it misses something, that the previous albums do have. Something that keeps you hooked. The other "latest one", the cover album thing, Skeletons in the Closet or something like that, is really something that sucks in my opinion. It has it's good moments, and is nice as an extra. But it didn't had to become a complete new album on it's own..

Anyway, I hope with you that they won't disappoint in the future.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 pm

sure... there's a guitar and 2 roses in the pic ^^ i don't think children of bodom is americanized... just thing that the melodies and the song composing of the last album, compared of course with the previous ones, weren't exacly what i was expecting. it's one of those bands that album after album blows you away but in this album... i don't know, some songs didn't work for me. altough i still like a lot of CoB, that will never chance... these guys are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Sorcha, so just let's hope ))

DanielViking, oh... thaaanks ^_^ Yes, I agree with you, they're awesome. I doubt whether we shall like every song of our favorite bands but they're still favorite Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:20 pm

yes... it's hard to like of them all but i like of most of them, and some have a huge meaning for me! bodom beach terror is about me going to the beach with a manowar shirt and enter the sea... everybody's watching... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Great song!!! Listening to it right now, ahaha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 am

Hell fuckin yes! I love this band. my favorite song by them is touch like angel of death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 am

Touch like angel of death is one of my least favorite songs. The song is good, but they have better for my taste.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:51 pm

i promised a while ago i would go see them live anytime they come here. So next date seems to be Sept 22nd. Well... tough one! the same night, Swallow the Sun and other favorite bands of mine play another venue. I will have to certainly chose between STS and COB so i think it will be COB... either way, i am crying. I can catch the other bands at the other venue later....None of the bands is worth missing for me. But hey.... I just saw STS 3 months ago and COB last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:33 pm

I would almost hate you for having that choice Razz

Anyway: Hope you can decide it quickly ^^.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Myste Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 am

Little bit mixed feelings about this band, because I really like their older stuff, but I loved when Roope Latvala joined the band in 2003. He's fitting the band like a glove, true old school guy.
Myste
Myste

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 am

And you don't like their newer stuff?
Sorcha
Sorcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Myste Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:15 am

Like I said it's mixed emotions... I like the current line-up better, but the older music is suiting better for me.
Myste
Myste

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Current Line Up doing Older Album sounds = EARGASM!! Well if that's gonna happen, Alexi and Co must use every single trick in the book on full force and let Henkka do a Bass solo and probably an epic intsrumental shred solo piece with everyone contributing a solo haha xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum