Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :)

2 posters

Go down

Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :) Empty Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :)

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm

ok, i have my plans, bookings and all.... and a looong list of metal bars, one thing i ask, which one is a really awesome metal bar with friendly people? Very Happy were it's not weird if i speak english (i might try other languages after a few drinks)
and by metal i mean ... metal. NO old rock, no punk, just metal. Preferably lots of finnish metal Smile

Thanks \m/

Back to top Go down

Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :) Empty Re: Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :)

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm

You are so lucky!

Nice to see another Canadian on the forum? May I ask where you are from?

Back to top Go down

Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :) Empty Re: Going to Helsinki this week - need metal bar :)

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Vancouver ...i assume around where you live? Smile have you ever been to Finland?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice! I am in the Kootenays!

I have been to Finland, actually, back in 1997 as part of a European backpacking trip. LOVED IT! I loved all of Scandinavia, actually. If you go in the summer, though, remember that the sun never really sets fully. I had a lot of problems sleeping there, and got sick during my trip, probably due to exhaustion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

wow, that's some experience ... i guess that's the beauty of it, being in a totally different place. I am leaving this week though, if no volcanos get angry ... so i won't be having any summer time haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Probably the best time of year to go, really. I hope you have great weather! How long are you going for? Do you plan to see any bands while there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:33 pm

9 days that's the plan. No bands yet... i might see Onslaught but hat's not finnish. I saw most of the finns on tour right here this spring - i guess i can't ask for more !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm

I was in Helsinki for 6 days. Lots to see & do there. I hope you have a great time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 pm

thanks Wink

so what's my bar guys? Hahaha!!!!

I am still waiting for suggestions - i am not picky, anything cheap or expensive will do as long as it's true metal and friendly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, good luck: I think Tero is the only real Fin on this site!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Achelois wrote:thanks Wink

so what's my bar guys? Hahaha!!!!

I am still waiting for suggestions - i am not picky, anything cheap or expensive will do as long as it's true metal and friendly Smile
Tavastia is where teh fun is at, that or Dante's xD

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Ok here's couple of places you might want to check while being in Helsinki:

Tavastia-club of course
http://www.tavastiaklubi.fi/index_en.php

Dante's Highlight (cheap beer and bands every night)
http://www.dantes.fi/ (only in finnish unfortunately)

Club PRKL
http://www.prklclub.fi/ (only in finnish)

I am certain you'll find nice people and more importantly likeminded people on those places Smile
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Crap, Tero have already said all the good once..
Anyway have a nice trip Very Happy
Vlad
Vlad

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Vlad wrote:Crap, Tero have already said all the good once..

lol! well I live and work in Helsinki so it was sort of easy...you won't find me in any "Ricky-Martin- ass-shaking-give-me-my-Dennis-The-Menace-cocktail-with-an-umbrella" hipster places so the places I recommended are really the places to go if you're a metalhead Wink
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Hehe when Im not in school or working Im usely in Helsinki or Vasa so just wanted to be smart and know about those bars Laughing
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:52 am

TeroTolkki wrote:
Vlad wrote:Crap, Tero have already said all the good once..

lol! well I live and work in Helsinki so it was sort of easy...you won't find me in any "Ricky-Martin- ass-shaking-give-me-my-Dennis-The-Menace-cocktail-with-an-umbrella" hipster places so the places I recommended are really the places to go if you're a metalhead Wink
Eh bro any metal/music shops in Helsinki of Interests besides the Bars and Nosturi that is xD ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Thank you very much everyone, Tavastia was definitely on my list and Dante's too because i will probably see Onslaught there (if the show is still on) ... i love this band and never saw them live. So .... Will definitely check out all these places, PRKL sounds awesome Smile

now just praying that there's no more volcano on my way there Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 1:56 pm

hey everyone just wanted to thank you for the tips, my trip to Helsinki was great, no problems with flying and definitely a wonderful stay there. It felt great, the kind of city i missed, it felt real and friendly and strangely enough - familiar (never been there before)... people are beautiful, i had a great time and i saw all the places i wanted to see and spent a great time with my friend (she came from another country and we met there after many years)....Helsinki is quite a metal city heh?Smile it's kinda difficult to be back here in Vancouver, honestly. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Achelois wrote:hey everyone just wanted to thank you for the tips, my trip to Helsinki was great, no problems with flying and definitely a wonderful stay there. It felt great, the kind of city i missed, it felt real and friendly and strangely enough - familiar (never been there before)... people are beautiful, i had a great time and i saw all the places i wanted to see and spent a great time with my friend (she came from another country and we met there after many years)....Helsinki is quite a metal city heh?Smile it's kinda difficult to be back here in Vancouver, honestly. Sad

Great! I was wondering how your trip went!

I loved Helsinki when I was there, too, and I felt quite at home with the people, the culture, and the landscape as well. A very cool place indeed, and I'd like to go back there one day for sure. I missed out on a lot when I was there initially, unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 am

Achelois - nice to hear that you had a nice trip
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 pm

indeed Smile since i came back all my night dreaming happens in Finland, no matter how absurd ... so technically, i am not back ! Smile i will definitely go back and hopefully will do a more extended tour and stay for Tuska festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down