Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning to take a trip with a friend withen the next few years

Go down

Planning to take a trip with a friend withen the next few years Empty Planning to take a trip with a friend withen the next few years

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello! I'm am planning to take a trip to Helsinki or somewhere around there in the next year or so. Me and a friend want to move there from what we hear and see(In pictures or videos, ect ect) and a trip would probably make us almost certain(Or not D:) that we want to do it. I am from the USA and have never really traveled out of the country except Mexico when I was really young. I am orginally from Britain but moved because of family issues. Just looking for tip and whatnot from people that have the visited or who live in Finland now on what to expect and such.

Kiitos and Kippis!

Back to top Go down

Planning to take a trip with a friend withen the next few years Empty Re: Planning to take a trip with a friend withen the next few years

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, moving there permanently is not such a simple task unless you have family already there or marry someone from Finland.

Not to discourage taking the trip (because I'd highly recommend it, I loved Finland), but you have to remember that just vacationing is quite a bit different than actually living somewhere. From what I've experienced, it's very difficult to get a work visa unless you can speak Finnish or maybe Swedish.

People in Finland are quite friendly once you get to know them a little bit, but I wouldn't expect that you can just walk up and start random conversations with people. My friend tried that the first time I travelled there, and some of the looks she got were quite comical.

There are a lot of really nice places to visit. Some of them are mentioned in the other visiting Finland threads. Cool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum