Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Finnish Metal Band

+6
Tourn
LadyDeceiver
Myste
Vlad
TeroTolkki
Sorcha
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Favorite Finnish Metal Band - Page 4 Empty Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:12 am

Meripihka wrote:Nightwish (any "era" I don't care about the singer that much, it's only Tuomas that matters in the end)
Tarot
Amberian Dawn

I don't know many others, actually. I'm enthusiastic but ignorant; I like to take my time in discovering new bands, I don't go so much looking for them as wait until they just come out (as it was with Nightwish)

Well, I think you would like Sonata Arctica if you enjoy Nightwish and Amberian Dawn. I'd check them out! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

efin7184 wrote:
Meripihka wrote:Nightwish (any "era" I don't care about the singer that much, it's only Tuomas that matters in the end)
Tarot
Amberian Dawn

I don't know many others, actually. I'm enthusiastic but ignorant; I like to take my time in discovering new bands, I don't go so much looking for them as wait until they just come out (as it was with Nightwish)

Well, I think you would like Sonata Arctica if you enjoy Nightwish and Amberian Dawn. I'd check them out! Cool

I tried, I only like Full Moon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Meripihka wrote:
efin7184 wrote:
Tarot
Amberian Dawn

I tried, I only like Full Moon.

SA isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Nearly all of my metalhead friend like them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Meripihka wrote:Nearly all of my metalhead friend like them.

I only liked Silence and then only 3 songs from it.

The Days of Grays is OK better than their other stuff, aside from Silence, that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Actually, Sonata isn't really my favorite to listen to either TBH. They have great songs and some not so great songs... No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm

efin7184 wrote:Actually, Sonata isn't really my favorite to listen to either TBH. They have great songs and some not so great songs... No

Some are either GREAT or they just don't do it for me at all, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:21 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
efin7184 wrote:Actually, Sonata isn't really my favorite to listen to either TBH. They have great songs and some not so great songs... No

Some are either GREAT or they just don't do it for me at all, IMO.

Same here, but Tony does have a good voice though I give him that..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Tony has a great voice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am

My favourite Finnish Metal band is Nightwish , but I alos love Tarot , Sonata Arctica , Northern Kings etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 am

My two fave metal bands are Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica. I can't choose, so i won't Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 am

ATM now it's Stam1na!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 am

O uhm.. no i cant choose... way to many amazing metal bands from finland Razz
Vlad
Vlad

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:00 am

Mine is Lordi. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 am

I'd say Tarja, but she's a soloist, not a band, so... my favorite bands are:

Sentenced
Poison Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 pm

favorite band by far... Amorphis!

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm

DanielViking wrote:favorite band by far... Amorphis!

Are you a fan of any particular era of Amorphis? They sort of raised from the ashes with Tomi Joutsen and then there was their previous vocalist...and before that was the Karelian Isthmus and Tales From The 1000 Lakes albums with Tomi Koivusaari on vocals. I do prefer the earliest era still.
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:37 pm

TeroTolkki wrote:

Are you a fan of any particular era of Amorphis? They sort of raised from the ashes with Tomi Joutsen and then there was their previous vocalist...and before that was the Karelian Isthmus and Tales From The 1000 Lakes albums with Tomi Koivusaari on vocals. I do prefer the earliest era still.

well... my first album of them was tuonela. at the time i was (a little kid that started to hear metal) really overwhelmed by the ambient and the melodies of the band. actually along with iron maiden was probably one of the best bands i've ever heard, still have that opinion nowadays. i feared for the band when i heard far from the sun, it was a very hard album for me to listen because it wasn't amorphis at is best for me, and i'm glad that they've changed to a better vocalist (Pasi is oki but i prefer him in Ajattara), and started to make genious music again. Tomi brought back the meaning, the essence, the vitality to their music at his own way, and i love it. the first "era" of them is very good indeed, tales of thousand lakes and elegy are truly masterpieces in metal, but i also think that the last 3 records of amorphis are definitly fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 pm

DanielViking wrote:
TeroTolkki wrote:

well... my first album of them was tuonela. at the time i was (a little kid that started to hear metal) really overwhelmed by the ambient and the melodies of the band. actually along with iron maiden was probably one of the best bands i've ever heard, still have that opinion nowadays. i feared for the band when i heard far from the sun, it was a very hard album for me to listen because it wasn't amorphis at is best for me, and i'm glad that they've changed to a better vocalist (Pasi is oki but i prefer him in Ajattara), and started to make genious music again. Tomi brought back the meaning, the essence, the vitality to their music at his own way, and i love it. the first "era" of them is very good indeed, tales of thousand lakes and elegy are truly masterpieces in metal, but i also think that the last 3 records of amorphis are definitly fantastic.

Yes I do agree with you on that. But for me Tales From The 1000 Lakes has been and always will be The Amorphis-album. I saw Amorphis last year in Sauna Open Air in Finland and they were sort of tired...then again I don't think the showtime (around 2pm) and the large stage and sunlight suited them much Smile
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:48 pm

TeroTolkki wrote:
DanielViking wrote:
TeroTolkki wrote:

Yes I do agree with you on that. But for me Tales From The 1000 Lakes has been and always will be The Amorphis-album. I saw Amorphis last year in Sauna Open Air in Finland and they were sort of tired...then again I don't think the showtime (around 2pm) and the large stage and sunlight suited them much Smile

i also fear for that in wacken this summer (the time that they're gonna to play) by morning. and it will be really hard after the big night of iron maiden with all the add-ons along with that (rock, drinking and who knows what else Cool ) if i could really get up and be in the front. but i'll find a way... it's amorphis!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I guess it's between Mors Principium Est and Kiuas. Those two rule!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 4:56 am

Can't decide...Here comes the list xP(no particular order):Sonata Arctica, Cain's Offering, Children Of Bodom, Stratovarius, Winterborn, Wintersun, Tracedawn, Norther, Ensiferum, Nightwish, Tarot, Sentenced, Northern Kings... xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 pm

that's so tough... i love Finntroll, Tarot, Amorphis and COB. And NIghtwish which was something different from the kind of metal i used to listen to ... and my first love Stratovarius Smile Just saw Sonata Arctica a few weeks ago and i'd say they are among my favorites too ... And there's no party without Korpiklaani. Turisas, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Swallow the Sun, Barathrum ...all on my playlist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Ahhhhhh...I was supposed to be at that SA concert in Vancouver, but couldn't go in the end because I wound up moving earlier in the year than I'd anticipated! I was so disappointed. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:19 pm

i am not sure it was worth the trip, the show was cut short because of the venue. Ended at 10 pm?! well... that gave us time to meet the band, which was nice.

....and of course i forgot my favorite Finnish band of all : Apocalyptica !!! i should have started with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 pm

What do you mean the show was cut short because of the venue? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:32 pm

it was AT the Venue on Granville... and that place needs to start the disco at 22:30 usually so everyone has to get out Smile it happened at Stratovarius too.
Finnish bands in Vancouver...wonder which one comes back Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh, I see.

That is RIDICULOUS! Disco on Sonata Arctica night? Not good!

Have you been to gigs at the Rickshaw in the DTES? I see lots of bands play there, but I'm not sure it's somewhere I'd go on my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myste Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:12 am

Oh man... this is (again) one of those imposible lists to put on, because the favourite(s) list vary constantly - and I always forgot smth. Well, I'll try to wrap up smth:

Catamenia
Before the Dawn
Black Sun Aeon
Kalmah
Children of Bodom (older stuff)
Sentenced (older stuff)
Amorphis (older stuff)
Stam1na
Mokoma
Moonsorrow
Sotajumala
Eternal Tears of Sorrow