Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your First time?

+4
Miau
Myste
Vlad
TeroTolkki
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your First time? Empty Your First time?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Listening to Finnish Metal Wink Mine was Stratovarious with Learning to Fly and then Sonata Arctica's The Cage.

First Finnish Live band I saw was Finntroll Smile quickly followed by Norther and Sonata Arctica.

Back to top Go down

Your First time? Empty Re: Your First time?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Hmm, think it was Children of bodom, can't remember which song, but i think i was the Are You Dead Yet? album

Hmm, as a matter of fact it was Amberian Dawn @ Sweden Rock Festival this year.. Then a mounth later I finally saw Children Of Bodom @ Metaltown..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:19 pm

It was Amorphis, some songs from Elegy. Saw the band live with my dad sometime after (pasi was out of tune most of the time! old times :p). So that was it, i got into metal! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 am

It was Sonata Arctica with Full Moon. I suddenly fell in love with the song.

The first finnish band I saw was Nightwish. That was last summer. By now I saw them three times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:54 am

it was Lordi back in 2002 when I saw their vidoe on tv.
I was a small kid back then and didin't appriciate such things.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeroTolkki Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:59 am

Mine was Tarot back in 1987.
TeroTolkki
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:18 am

Tarot! I think that's a very nice start, Tero!

I got into Finnish metal with the 2000 wave... HIM's 'Join Me' got my attention, then I quickly found Nightwish and Stratovarius. First Finnish band seen live was The 69 eyes, but that's not really metal.... so I'll have to name Apocalyptica.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:31 am

My first Finnish band was HIM back in 2003. They were the fist Finnish band I saw live. The last Finnish band I saw live was Korpiklaani .. some two months ago :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:27 am

well ..my first contact with the finnish metal music was back in 2000..it was nightwish with the riddler...that song really hit me...in a pozitive way i mean Very Happy and that's way i know so exactly who and when.I saw live...amorphis...him...silentium...nightwish(of course)..stratovarius..korpiklaani...apocalyptica...tarot...and i'm still waiting for amberian dawn,apulanta,battlelore,brother firetribe...and the list could go on lol! with such great bands in only one country..i think i wanna move to finland Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am

The first Finnish metal band I heard was HIM back in 2005.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:56 am

Nightwish, in 2004. Of course I became a fan shortly after, and then I saw them live in November in Bucharest. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 pm

I guess it was 2000 when I first listened "Crimson" album of SENTENCED and it was the date that I understood they are the best...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 am

My first Finnish metal must have been Nightwish, sometime around 2000 or sth., thanks to a friend who gave me some of their music to check out. In fact I owe her for introducing me to metal in the first place, starting with Iron Maiden a couple of years before that ... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm

My first time i've listen to finnish metal or rock it was HIM i guess.. First band saw live was Nightwish!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 am

It was a metal party at a friends cottage in the Carpathian forests(Colibita, to be more exact), back in '94. I remember the whole scene like it was yesterday....we where hangbanging like hell on hell knows what... Laughing ....and suddenly Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus pumped up my ears, my veins....I stopped and asked myself wtf is that?....my party at that moment just seemed not that important. I've taken a chair, light a cigarette and like hypnotised I just listened...it was something that epic about it, something that I've never listened before and from that moment my Finland's musical Saga begun....and never stopped since than Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 am

I was listening to the radio on iTunes - some metal station from I don't know where - and it was then that I heard Bye Bye Beautiful by Nightwish. The anger really appealed to me, and I've been a fan ever since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am

MetalBuddha wrote:Hmm, think it was Children of bodom, can't remember which song, but i think i was the Are You Dead Yet? album

LOLS Same as me bro one of my buddies put the AYDY album on my MP3 XD But my 1st Finnish Experience listening is Startovarius' Black Diamond then after that COB, Norther and STAM1NA!! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:54 am

I think the first Finnish band I can recall hearing was probably The Rasmus but they are about as metal as my grandma, so I guess it was probably HIM *memories* ahhhhh Laughing it was pretty much love at first sight <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

Children of Bodom - Follow The Reaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 pm

My first contact with Finnish metal was "Moondance" and "Sleeping Sun" at the end of 2000.

My first concert was Wacken in 2002, where I remember seeing Blind Guardian, In Extremo, Haggard, J.B.O., Kotipelto (I think, my memory is a little hazy), and my original incentive to go there: Sinergy. I went to see Sinergy as support for Dark Tranquillity in 2002, in Vienna, too (with some friends from the Sinergy/COB forums; we even got to meet Kim afterwards and got hugs and autographs! Yay!), and I saw Nightwish in early 2003.

Ehm, to be honest, in fact, Finnish metal was the first metal that I (consciously) listened to at all. Before that, I knew stuff from the radio, including a little hard rock (which I loved, especially Queen), and classical (which I've always liked).

You won't believe it but I have been fascinated with the Finnish language since 1991, but never knew anything really about the country and for many years, I never got to hear the language spoken but tried to pronounce it using the descriptions I could find. When I eventually heard someone speaking Finnish on TV (it was never said that it was Finnish, but I could tell from the translation that it was Finnish) I found out that I had got it basically right. Yay! In 2000, I was just taking Finnish classes at uni at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I suppose it's all a matter of what you consider metal, but The 69 Eyes were the first Finnish artist that I got into.
Children of Bodom quickly followed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 am

Hmmm....the first band I ever listened to was HIM, my ex-boyfriend showed me the "Wicked game" video and since then I've been hooked Smile. That must have been around 2002...after that came Nightwish, a friend lend me the "Once" CD and I loved it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:26 am

Mine was Kalmah "Dance of the Water". I heard it once and was blown away by the keyboards and melodies. A couple years later, I saw the Swamplord album in a record store and bought it after listening to one song!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 am

Johnny Arson wrote:Mine was Kalmah "Dance of the Water". I heard it once and was blown away by the keyboards and melodies. A couple years later, I saw the Swamplord album in a record store and bought it after listening to one song!

That was not a 'soft' start at all! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:08 am

About two years ago I found End Of All Hope by Nightwish on an AMV. It was love at first "sight"! (Although it still took me nearly a year to become a metalhead)

But my obsession with Finland actually started before that, it was with The Rasmus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Mine was HIM... a lot of years ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:01 am

HIM in the summer of 2003.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:03 am

The first Finnish Metal band and also the band that got me into this wonderful music is Nightwish. And my first metal concert was Iron Maiden ( I know , they are not Finnish) amd then...Nightwish...the best day of my life...when I met them and heard their wonderful music live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

Oh,so many people started with good band.Mine was HIM 8 years ago......

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 am

Hmm i think it was Sonata Artica or Children Of Bodom...
Vlad
Vlad

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next