Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite metal band in the world?

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:32 am

The sticker on my copy of slayer's Reign in Blood, says it is one of the best Trash albums of all time.

I swear I've heard thrash refered to as trash before, but I have no idea if its something that goes back to the 80s scene or if there's been a mistake that's entered the metal vocabulary.

Back to top Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 am

Yes, you're right... Check out Last.fm for example... It refers to thrash as Trash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

Ooooops, that was a typo mistake. Shocked
Yes, I meant thrash.^^ Very Happy Anyway it's good music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

..Uhm there are many many metal bands that I love outside of Finland..at the moment, in particular:

Iron Maiden (first metal band I've ever listened to)
Mötley Crüe
Eluveitie (of course Very Happy)
Metallica
Down
Black Label Society
Blind Guardian
Amon Amarth
Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:18 am

Well, it is hard to choose when you exclude Finnish bands but I love Sirenia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 am

Dead Leaves wrote:Well, it is hard to choose when you exclude Finnish bands but I love Sirenia.
oohh..yes..Sirenia..one of my fav bands..I really like the new album quite a lot actually

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

All this bands mentioned here are top knotch...and yet I must say that I can't make any abstraction of Insomnium here....I downloaded their latest Across the Dark album and it's so obssesing, in the last 4 days I just can't get it of my mind Shocked
It's amazing how Niilo Sevänen&Co progressed over the ears!!! and it will be The pride album of these year of Suomi's Metal, in my opinion anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 am

Arthur wrote:All this bands mentioned here are top knotch...and yet I must say that I can't make any abstraction of Insomnium here....I downloaded their latest Across the Dark album and it's so obssesing, in the last 4 days I just can't get it of my mind Shocked
It's amazing how Niilo Sevänen&Co progressed over the ears!!! and it will be The pride album of these year of Suomi's Metal, in my opinion anyway.

totally agree with you...
great album Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 am

Arthur, welcome to the forum, buddy! Laughing Insomnium is great, indeed! But we'd also like to hear which bands from outside of Finland you love! And hell, can't wait to start those discussions at the end of the year, about what albums were the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:40 am

Storm wrote:Arthur, welcome to the forum, buddy! Laughing Insomnium is great, indeed! But we'd also like to hear which bands from outside of Finland you love! And hell, can't wait to start those discussions at the end of the year, about what albums were the best!

Don't even think or try to miss from those discussions Laughing

Mmmhhh... I don't know how to put this in a sentence regarding favourite bands from outside of Finland... are so manny...I'll try though...
Darkseed
Mandrake
Arcturus
Enslavement Of Beauty
In Vain
Draconian
Opeth
Katatonia
The Fall Of Every Season
Daylight Dies
Finsterforst
Morgart
Amon Amarth
This is just last week playlist lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 am

heh Very Happy
Well I like a lot some of those, especially Darkseed. And Katatonia.
Woohoo, 22 days to Amon Amarth! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:32 am

Plus for me:
At The Gates
Annihilator
In Flames
Arch Enemy (Both Eras)
Soilwork
The Haunted
Children Of Bodom
STAM1NA
Norther
Lamb Of God
Metallica (Kil til Justice album)
Megadeth
Pantera
Lamb Of God
Trivium
Necrophagist
Firewind

HATES:
A7X (Overrated pieces of Paska aka sellouts plus their last 2 albums tanked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 am

Megadeth, straight off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:02 am

max5892 wrote:why the (o.c) next to Tarja?
is that really necessary?
What does it even mean? I haven't been able to find it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:04 am

@ Amagest: I think the "o.c" means "of course."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 am

CanuckFan wrote:@ Amagest: I think the "o.c" means "of course."
Cause said person likes the Tarja era NW instead of the Fattie Nettie era NW. Somebody please fire that Swedish Fat ass and replace with somebody who is more able and has respect for Nightwish for eg Floor Jansen XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 am

Oh. OF COURSE. *slaps forehead*

BTW, any fans of Diablo Swing Orchestra here? I found the following in their last.fm shoutbox:

The new album will have an exclusive listening session for only 24 hours on Monday 15 September at www.heavylaw.com It's free for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 am

@ Almagest - I've heard Diablo Swing Orchestra, but just can't get my head around that "avant garde" metal genre. We have a Canadian group very similar to DSO called Unexpect and as mush as I'd LOVE to like them, I just don't get it! It sounds so chaotic to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 am

CanuckFan, it's just a matter of getting used to really ... DSO are actually really catchy and easy to listen to, compared to Unexpect, just crazy sounding Smile

I've read the new album is more like a metallised version of swing - sounds like circus metal Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:24 am

OK, we have a circus metal band in Canada, too, called Howling Syn. Look them up on Last.fm. Uh...just not my cup of tea...

Now I am curious about YOUR Last.fm page... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:46 am

I've linked my last.fm page as my homepage in my profile, does it work?

Last edited by Almagest on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 am

No, it doesn't show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:50 am

OK, I've wondered about it too because I can't see it myself, I just thought that maybe clicking on it works. Alright, here it is:

(removed at CanuckFan's request)

Last edited by Almagest on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks, Alamgest.

I have just sent you a direct message (in case you don't have email notification of such things).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

@ Almagest: thank you for respecting my privacy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Haha, I just read "piracy".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:59 am

Ravisk wrote:
Cause said person likes the Tarja era NW instead of the Fattie Nettie era NW. Somebody please fire that Swedish Fat ass and replace with somebody who is more able and has respect for Nightwish for eg Floor Jansen XD

Please DON'T let Barbie be replaced with Floor Mad If there is anyone who has a huge disrespect towards fans and a huge -look at how good I am- ego, It's Floor. I live in the Netherlands and a very good friend of mine lived not that far from her. I've met her a couple of times thanks to that. Floor has also been known by some groups of people here as a huge Goth hater. She keeps saying thing about them like that they are depressive, always wear black and all kind of those things. So even Barbie has a better personality then Floor has. And I know this out of my own experience. I've heard her saying things that didn't sounded like she respected them about some fans of AF.
So I certainly DON'T hope she comes to Nightwish. Than I would rather start being a fan of Barbie.

And so far my off topic story..
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am

Sorcha wrote:
Ravisk wrote:

Please DON'T let Barbie be replaced with Floor Mad If there is anyone who has a huge disrespect towards fans and a huge -look at how good I am- ego, It's Floor. I live in the Netherlands and a very good friend of mine lived not that far from her. I've met her a couple of times thanks to that. Floor has also been known by some groups of people here as a huge Goth hater. She keeps saying thing about them like that they are depressive, always wear black and all kind of those things. So even Barbie has a better personality then Floor has. And I know this out of my own experience. I've heard her saying things that didn't sounded like she respected them about some fans of AF.
So I certainly DON'T hope she comes to Nightwish. Than I would rather start being a fan of Barbie.

And so far my off topic story..
How about Randy Blythe from Lamb Of God, he'd make a great replacement for Barbie XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcha Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:13 am

Randy Blythe would be a better idea ^^. His grunts are awesome! It also would be funny to hear..
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:16 am

Sorcha wrote:Randy Blythe would be a better idea ^^. His grunts are awesome! It also would be funny to hear..
Imagine Him doing Wishmaster and boosted up with Marco lols, that'd be a Death metal fiesta XD But music aside personality wise Randy's a cool character albeit funny and he can go a bit drunk (case in point the fracas with Mark Morton on Killadelphia DVD XD) and speaking of which Floor's face is reminiscent of Petri Lindroos XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next