Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite metal band in the world?

3 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Sorcha Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 am

That would sound damn funny. But that'll count for almost every NW song. Randy's a funny guy yeah, and with the drinking he will fit in perfectly between the nightwish guys.
O_o Floor and Petri's face really look like each other. That's almost scary.
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Your favorite metal band in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your favorite metal band in the world?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:49 am

Sorcha wrote:That would sound damn funny. But that'll count for almost every NW song. Randy's a funny guy yeah, and with the drinking he will fit in perfectly between the nightwish guys.
O_o Floor and Petri's face really look like each other. That's almost scary.
It'd be more hilarious if they've got swopped roles lmao, Floor being give the guitar duties from Petri and vice versa and lols she wearing the full on Quilt that Petri always wears during Ensiferum gigs XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm

So the rumour-milling has spread to the forum now, too? Suspect

I know people who have been in contact with her, through messages or in person, and never heard a bad thing about her. She may not be too fond of those stereotypical superficial pseudo-goth fangirls, though. Those do exist and I can understand why people would find them annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Almagest wrote:So the rumour-milling has spread to the forum now, too? Suspect

I know people who have been in contact with her, through messages or in person, and never heard a bad thing about her. She may not be too fond of those stereotypical superficial pseudo-goth fangirls, though. Those do exist and I can understand why people would find them annoying.

Yeah, I've never heard anything bad about Floor either until now. She doesn't seem stuck up or full of herself, but then again I don't know because I don't live in that part of the world. Even if she was, that doesn't stop me from liking her as a singer anyways. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:46 am

My favourites....in no particular order xD

Tarja
Nightwish (with Tarja)
Within Temptation
HIM
Xandria
Lacuna Coil

I'm probably forgetting some more, so I'll be back Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:37 am

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't like Floor's voice at all! I find it totally irritating! I'm not sure I'd like to hear her in NW at all. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:07 pm

CanuckFan wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't like Floor's voice at all! I find it totally irritating! I'm not sure I'd like to hear her in NW at all. Neutral

What??!!! BOOO!! Razz hehe..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:09 pm

@ James

What??!!! BOOO!!

I know, I know...what can I say? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Well, I think Floor is WAY better than Anette Olzen at least.. She can sing in so many varieties and styles. Tarja's great too, but doesn't have Floor's diversity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 pm

I just find her irritating!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm

CanuckFan wrote:I just find her irritating!

Why? I'm kind of curious. She's very good live. Plus she's the ONLY female singer I've heard that was able to sing Iron Maiden well and amazingly live:

She's got power and has a great metal voice for a female. Cool I'm surprised you don't like her voice.. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah, she has versatility, range and power, and is definitely "metal". I agree 100%. I just find she has an irritating tonality that gets on my nerves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:58 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Yeah, she has versatility, range and power, and is definitely "metal". I agree 100%. I just find she has an irritating tonality that gets on my nerves.

Floor >>> Anette IMO.

But we all have our tastes. Hell, there are even a lot of ppl who hate Tarja's voice too.... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:00 pm

@ James

Floor >>> Anette IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that. Totally.

But Floor in NW? I don't know. I'd have to hear her in action with them, I guess.

I did like her version of Heart's "Alone" actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:03 pm

CanuckFan wrote:@ James

Floor >>> Anette IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that. Totally.

But Floor in NW? I don't know. I'd have to hear her in action with them, I guess.

I did like her version of Heart's "Alone" actually.

Yeah, she did a good job covering Heart. It's HARD as hell to sing Heart songs.. affraid Floor would be better for NW than Anette, but that is just me. But chemistry is a totally different thing too I agree. It will never happen. Floor's my favorite female singer, but I don't think she'll be in NW anytime soon..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Ann Wilson ROCKS!!!

Maybe she should join NW!

I've read that Floor wants to do her own stuff with her own lyrics. I wish her all the best, because I do respect her even though I don't care for her voice.

We should start a fantasy NW singer thread! I have ideas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Tarja actually limits her variety of expression consciously, by sticking with the classical technique at all times, and not resorting to (for example) screaming etc. because she is concerned about her voice. She says that she can't stand her "normal" voice, either. So it's not necessarily a matter of Floor being more talented or anything. I don't mind honestly, as Tarja has proved creative at finding ways to be utterly expressive even within her somewhat limited spectrum. That said, I used to find Floor great if a little bit intimidating (for want of a better word; "brutal" doesn't quite cut it), now I appreciate her and her no less intense expression even more.

But overall, as a singer and performer, by style, expressivity, intensity, sense of drama and colour and sheer beauty of the voice, I consider Tarja unmatched and the master of the genre, even if there may be technically superior vocalists in metal. She is great at finding intriguing support musicians as well. I get the feeling that her band is honestly enjoying themselves.

Just go ahead with that thread idea, CanuckFan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:13 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Ann Wilson ROCKS!!!

Maybe she should join NW!

I've read that Floor wants to do her own stuff with her own lyrics. I wish her all the best, because I do respect her even though I don't care for her voice.

We should start a fantasy NW singer thread! I have ideas!

Indeed! Ann Wilson forever! Cool I feel bad that she has weight issues now though... Crying or Very sad My mom saw Heart a couple of days ago. She got me a Heart t-shirt which I am wearing right now. Very Happy Yeah do that! A fantasy NW singer thread would be cool! I'm up for that!

@ Almagest: Tarja mastered for style there is no question. Her uniqueness sets her apart from so many others. She's improving too and I hope the best for her as I always do. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm

A fantasy NW singer thread would be cool! I'm up for that!

Aw, man, I can't do it. I'd feel way too mean & it would open up a huge can of worms.

Could do a fantasy BAND thread, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:23 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
A fantasy NW singer thread would be cool! I'm up for that!

Aw, man, I can't do it. I'd feel way too mean & it would open up a huge can of worms.

Could do a fantasy BAND thread, though...

Yeah, it may spark haters.. The fantasy band thread sounds awesome though! Cool I got my list ready!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't want to spark any haters. I'd hate that & I'd hate myself.

OK, I'll start a fantasy band thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:39 pm

James: That's an important point. An ambitious artist does not stop keeping improving.

More than anything, I think NW suffer of self-complacency and lack of genuine enthusiasm nowadays. The artistically reasonable thing would to be put NW on hold and leave the band members to their side projects. Professionalism does more harm than good for many popular artists. I really wish bands would have the sense to stop or at least take a break when they feel exhausted creatively, or continue touring but without new releases as long as there aren't enough great ideas for an album anymore. Underground artists have been known to keep touring without new releases - for example Bolt Thrower.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Almagest wrote:James: That's an important point. An ambitious artist does not stop keeping improving.

More than anything, I think NW suffer of self-complacency and lack of genuine enthusiasm nowadays. The artistically reasonable thing would to be put NW on hold and leave the band members to their side projects. Professionalism does more harm than good for many popular artists. I really wish bands would have the sense to stop or at least take a break when they feel exhausted creatively, or continue touring but without new releases as long as there aren't enough great ideas for an album anymore. Underground artists have been known to keep touring without new releases - for example Bolt Thrower.

Good points! You know, my high school gym teacher got me to listen to Bolt Thrower about 7 years ago.. I'm not a fan of them so much myself, but I was the only one besides my gym teacher who knew that band.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 pm

my high school gym teacher got me to listen to Bolt Thrower about 7 years ago.

Jesus James, how old ARE you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
my high school gym teacher got me to listen to Bolt Thrower about 7 years ago.

Jesus James, how old ARE you?

Just turned 25 in July.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:02 pm

You are sooooooo young!

My birthday is also in July. The 24th.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:04 pm

CanuckFan wrote:You are sooooooo young!

My birthday is also in July. The 24th.

Great we are both Cancers! Cool I am not THAT young now as my sister says hehe, but not old either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Actually, I'm a Leo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

25 is a good age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:13 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Actually, I'm a Leo.

Opps... Embarassed What was I thinking? Rolling Eyes

Yeah, 25 isn't bad. A lot better than 17... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next