Metal From Finland Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite band from YOUR country

+7
Daenerys
Arina Unia
Tourn
LadyDeceiver
Myste
Vlad
Sorcha
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite band from YOUR country - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite band from YOUR country

Post by Sorcha Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:14 am

silvana wrote:From The Netherlands:

Aniday

The vocalist for that band, isn't that that girl, called Marlies or so, from Idols?

I saw them live and she looked like her..
Sorcha
Sorcha

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Favorite band from YOUR country - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite band from YOUR country

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:35 am

I'm from Argentina, and my favorite band from here is:

Blooparade

Is an Industrial Gothic Metal band with a girl on vocals. Brenda Cuesta (the singer) uses both clean and extreme vocals, and she kick asses when she performs live.
The only shitty thing is that she can't pronounce english words properly... but she still great!
Their best songs are:

Other Worlds
Take My Soul
By My Side
Secrets Of The Sea
Waiting For The Horror
Nevermore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Sorcha wrote:I like a lot of bands from my country that I can't choose the best one. But at the moment I think it's Heidevolk. Very closed followed by Within Temptation, Epica and Delain.

heidevolk Cool i wish to see them live someday! delain i'm going to see this summer... really hope for a nice gig.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:09 pm

favorite band from my country: Moonspell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 pm

PAN-FUCKING-TERA. Saviors and enders of the thrash metal era.

I don't have very man US cds but some others off the top of head are...
The Absence
Devildriver
Sworn Enemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:29 am

Well, Serbia doesn't have much metal bands... Most of them are demo bands... My fave one got an album out this year, their first one... They're called Forever Storm, give them a chance, they aren't bad at all... xD (http://www.myspace.com/foreverstorm)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myste Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:56 pm

ummm... at the moment Catamenia and Before the Dawn.
Myste
Myste

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDeceiver Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm from Spain, my favourite band from here is Warcry.
They have beautiful songs like "Nana" and powerfull songs like "Hoy gano yo" o "Guardian de Troya" (of course, they sing in spanish ^^)
LadyDeceiver
LadyDeceiver

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

I'm from Italy, and my favourite italian band at the moment is Furor Gallico...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTjiV4J7T4

I also like Labyrinth and Elvenking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 pm

I cant think of any Bands i truely like from the US Crying or Very sad but since canada is right next to me ill mention my favorite band from there Which is (Dark Forest) Really amazing Pagan metal band them and Profugus Mortis who i think are called Blackguard now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Truth Be Known, Analdicktion and Chugga Ritual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourn Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Uk here and it would have to be Bullet for my Valentine.

Tourn

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Arina Unia Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:15 am

The only band that has really made it abroad would be Negura Bunget. Even though I rarely listen to them, but I've seen them live a while ago and they were really good. They had a headlining Finnish tour in 2011, and they are the only band who managed that so far. Smile
Arina Unia
Arina Unia

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daenerys Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 am

Band from my country? Hmmm, I will name two; Otep and Kamelot.
Daenerys
Daenerys
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-04-23

http://winterstormusa.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by teleutemania Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Definitely Twisted Sister. I've been in love with Dee Snider since I was a young child and dreamed of someday marrying him. (I've since come to terms with the fact that this isn't likely to happen; his wife is hotter than most women who are half her age.)

Also, there's Kamelot, but I always feel kind of weird classifying them as an American band. Partially because of Khan (still sad about him leaving), but mostly because of the sound; you just don't think "American metal" and associate violins and classically-trained keyboardists.
teleutemania
teleutemania

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-03-13

http://xlollypopladyx.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowman Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 am

I really don't get this. I can go on and on about the great bands the US has/ had. But like I said before it is impossible for me to pick one band above all others. So here I go:

Favorite American Thrash Band: (tie) Overkill and Megadeth
Favorite American Power Metal Band: Iced Earth
Favorite Progressive Metal Band: (tie) between Dream Theater and Nevermore
Favorite 80's Heavy Metal Band: (tie) W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister
Favorite Death Metal Band: (tie) between Death (RIP) and Obituary
Favorite Solo Artist: (tie) between Dio (RIP) and Alice Cooper
Favorite Symphonic Metal Band : Savatage both Jon Oliva era and Zak Stevens
Favorite Pagan themed metal band: Virgin Steele
Favorite Goth oriented Metal Band: Type O Negative (RIP) Peter Steele always had such a great sense of humor about things

other honorable mentions would have to be Machine Head, Exodus, Death Angel, Testament, Anthrax, Slayer (from Haunting The Chapel to Seasons in the Abyss), Morbid Angel, Devildriver, Rob Zombie (can't deny his legacy in White Zombie), Sevendust, The Misfits( not metal but still highly influential on metal), Jag Panzer (RIP), Ashes To Ares (Matt Barlow's new band), Lita Ford (as long as we deny the horrid Wicked Wonderland), Motley Crue (as long as we include up to Dr. Feelgood and include Saints of Los Angelos), etc ( there's more but this post is getting too long).

catch ya later,
Shadowman

Last edited by Shadowman on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot Type O Negative and forgot another RIP)
Shadowman
Shadowman

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowman Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 am

Forgot another one:

Favorite Industrial Metal Band from US : Fear Factory
Shadowman
Shadowman

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghor Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:29 pm

For me, from Brazil:

MYTHOLOGICAL COLD TOWERS (Doom Metal)

Ghor

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by beeks Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:52 am

Guest wrote:Well, I've been getting into Savatage from my country.. Anyone familiar with them?

Yes. Gutter Ballet and Hall of The Mountain King are excellent! Along with producer, composer, and lyricist Paul O'Neill, Jon Oliva and Al Pitrelli (both members of Savatage) formed the progressive rock band Trans Siberian Orchestra in 1996 (which I like a lot) and are still active, having released Letters From The Labyrinth in 2015. I read Savatage reunited to perform at Wacken in 2014. Although they have done no live performances that I know of since they are considered to be still together. Maybe they'll put together an album. I would welcome that!
beeks
beeks

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2